The desperate uncle of a missing 33-year-old woman has pleaded “if someone is holding her against her will just be human and let her come home”.
Sarah Everard vanished after leaving a friend’s house in Clapham, south London, at around 9pm on Wednesday.
The investigation continues to be treated as a missing person’s enquiry but due to its complex nature and concerns for Sarah’s welfare, the Met’s Specialist Crime Command has now taken the lead.
Her uncle Nick Everard told The Sun : If someone is holding her against her will I would plead with them just to be human and to let her come home, to let her talk to us, give us a ring or text to let us know she is OK.
These are desperate times for the family. We know the police are doing everything they can but it’s the not knowing what has happened after four days is agonising.
He added: My brother and sister-in-law are beside themselves with worry.”
CCTV issued by the Metropolitan Police of missing Sarah Everard (Image: PA)
Read More
Related Articles
Read More
Related Articles
Mr Everard said Sarah has lived in London for a long time so he would imagine she is streetwise.
He said she has no troubles, was happy, had just started a new job and has a boyfriend.
He said her phone was not ringing and Sarah had not received any WhatsApp messages they’d been sending her.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Sarah earlier released new information about where she was last seen.
Sarah’s loved ones are ‘getting more and more worried’ (Image: BPM MEDIA)
Volunteers from London Search and Rescue near Eagle Pond on Clapham Common (Image: PA)
Read More
Related Articles
The Metropolitan Police said: “Sarah was spotted on CCTV at approximately 21:30hrs on Wednesday, 3 March.
“She was walking alone on the A205 Poynders Road, from the junction with Cavendish Road, in the direction of Tulse Hill.”
Sarah had been at a friend’s house in Clapham that evening.
At about 9pm, she left the property in Leathwaite Road through a back gate onto the A205 South Circular and began walking to her home address in Brixton.
She is thought to have walked across Clapham Common and was expected to arrive home approximately 50 minutes later.
A poster appealing for information (Image: PA)
It is unclear if she returned to her home address but she has not been seen or heard from since.
An extensive investigation is underway, including searches and house-to-house enquiries to establish whether there were any further sightings of Sarah beyond that which was captured on CCTV.
Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin said: “I would like to stress that there is no information at this stage to suggest anything untoward may have happened to Sarah.
“The focus remains on returning her home to her family safe and well and that is our number one priority.
“I would like to thank Sarah’s family and friends, the local community and members of the public for their help to raise awareness of this appeal and for coming forward with information.
Sign up to our newsletter to get the day’s biggest news straight to your inbox
The Mirror’s newsletter brings you the latest news, exciting showbiz and TV stories, sport updates and essential political information.
The newsletter is emailed out first thing every morning, at 12noon and every evening.
Never miss a moment by signing up to our newsletter here.
“I would urge anybody who has information or noticed any suspicious activity in the area to contact us if you haven’t already. ”
Anyone who has seen Sarah or who has information that may assist the investigation should call the Incident Room on 0208 785 8244.
Information can also be provided to detectives using the Major Incident Portal or by calling Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.